· Untucked and belted
· ½ tucked (tucked in front but not the back)
· Open like a jacket
· As a layering piece under a sweater or jacket
· Oversized and tied in the front
A great white shirt is something you will have in your closet for a long time. It is also something that once it wears out, you realize how much you really wear this classic piece.
The best white blouses I have found were at Goodwill. Looking for some with a variety of details and cuts will let you have even more options in your closet. Look for:
No signs of wear, specifically stains (look closely in the arm pit, this is where stains and pilling show up first)
- Missing buttons? No problem, changing out the buttons may make this classic really sassy and hip.
- Straight hem – as opposed to a shirt-tail hem. This will give you more options to wear it untucked
- Oversized and longer – wearing your shirt as a tunic? A great idea!
- Something more structured and fitted. Perfect as a layering piece.